Saturday, January 4, 2014

Simple Saturday

I'm sure I'm not the only stay at home mom who sometimes forgets what day it is (heck! I even forgot when I was working full time). I had to remind myself several times today that it was a Saturday.

Eliana and I took full advantage of the "warm" weather - 30 degrees felt simply spring like - and ran to the grocery store and then played outside in the snow for awhile. Afterwards she seemed to be sleepy so instead of allowing her to nap alone we curled up on the couch and watched a movie. Of course we both crashed out. I didn't even feel guilty when we woke up two hours later! :)

Besides hitting the grocery store and finding some good deals (Tombstone Garlic Bread pizza which I LOVE was on sale 4 for $10) Eliana and I didn't do much besides play around at home.

I did receive a "freebie" in the mail today from Home Depot, a Glad Force Flex Odor Shield garbage bag and some Clorox Bleach wipes, both of which I can use. I didn't spend a lot of time online so I didn't get a chance to request any other items or do many surveys but I'm okay with taking a day "off" from technology.

There was simply too much drama in our lives last night so I'm glad I got to spend the day with Eliana decompressing...there is always time tomorrow for social media, cleaning and stressing about finances. I'm looking forward to having Eric home tonite and for the next three days.

I'm choosing to be happy...it's as simple as that.

No comments: