Thursday, January 2, 2014

Puppy Love

I have a two year old puppy named Brewer whom I love dearly. He is a large beast whose out of control tail often takes ornaments off trees, end tables down, and provides minutes of tears when he unexpectedly slaps your face.

My little girl has manged to successfully deflect Brewers tail by placing her hands above her head and yelling "Get!" It's both entertaining and adorable. Brewer takes it in stride and goes on to the next thing on his mind. I love that my little girl and her dog will grow up together.

However, Eliana seems to fear all other dogs. I'm not sure how to cure her of this and I'm also not sure if it should be of any concern at this point. She is young and it's obvious she loves animals, maybe the fear will subside as she ages?

My sister brought her 3 month old puppy Toby over today...and I was reminded of why I don't want another puppy anytime soon. Not only did he think Eliana was the perfect pint sized playmate to wrestle to the ground, he also found all of her toys to be widly entertaining. Everything goes in the mouth and not much comes out in tact. Ellie screamed and cried anytime Toby came near her. In part, I don't blame her, last time we were over at Abby's house Toby took her arm and chewed it like it was bone. Luckily, the only casualties of the day were a sippy cup nipple and a nuker. (and maybe temporarily my sanity).

I know the puppy stage goes fast (just as the baby stage goes fast for human babies) and in a matter of time he will be a well behaved dog...it just takes patience. I'm glad that it's my sisters patience this time around!

In other news, non dog related, I am so excited that I was picked to do a Pampers Sample and Share through Crowdtap! I can't wait to receive the coupons in the mail and share our experience. No freebies or samples came my way in todays mail, but tomorrow is another day, right? ;) I did receive some products that I had purchased on an online auction site called TopHatter - I had received a $10 credit by clicking though on an email I had received so I checked it out and ended up with a few small purchases.

Just waiting on the husband to come home, he is on second shift the next few days. Eliana is glued to the tv watching her absolute favorite tv show, Bubble Guppies. Maybe I can sneak in a few minutes of reading? We will see!

Til tomorrow,

Rebecca

No comments: