Wednesday, January 1, 2014

No one tells you...

That you are going to wake up with extreme headaches that you can't do anything for because you aren't able to take decongestant or ibuprofen...no one told me that my entire upper body would be covered in little acne bumps - and I can't use normal acne body wash because salycylic acid is bad for baby bean. No one told me my gums would bleed and my teeth would ache. No one told me that everytime I go to throw up from a bad smell, I will also pee my pants a little....ok, a LOT.




They did tell me that I would feel the baby - and at first it would be weird. But until it happens to you, you can't begin to understand. No one told me that I would be so incredibly head over heels in love with this little bean RIGHT this very moment when I haven't even met him or her (besides a random blur of an ultrasound photo & a blip of a heartbeat).



The "negative' side effects of being pregnant are annoyances. Yes, I like to whine at times about them, but in the big picture, they are absolutely NOTHING. I am alive & married to a man who rubs my back for 30 minutes to an hour EVERY night before bed because it's the only relief I can get in my sciatic and for the head pain. I whine for ice water - it's there. I lay in bed for hours on the weekend playing farkle or reading a book and he asks what he can bring me to eat. (When he's around, he's mostly great). Of course, I'm not always so great to him in return...like this morning. Super b*tchy for no reason really and just snapping at him at every turn, to which he says, "I'm sorry you are so miserable today but I still love you" - and scoots me out the door.



I am going to be a mother! Yes, I have known that for 10 weeks already (14 weeks and 2 days TODAY!) but it is FINALLY starting to sink in and feel real.



I think the dog and cats know - they fight for a spot on my belly. Brewer lays his ear on my tummy and puts one paw up there and it looks like he is just listening to something. It's adorable. (Well, I think almost everything my 8 month old puppy does is adorable, not going to lie!)



Ahhh -in other news, started and finished Divergent by Veronica Roth this weekend. It was very good. If you like reading books that are set in dystopian settings - you will enjoy Divergent. My coworker has my copy of Insurgent (book 2 in the series) so I have picked up Lake News by Barbara Delinksy in the meantime.



I'm also slowly getting back my ability to eat the foods I always had before. :) No more steady diet of apples and tomatoes for me - however they are still about 50% of what I eat.



Our houseguest starts his new job today - yay for that! Hopefully he will have enough money saved up by October 1st to have his own place.



Ran to McDonalds for lunch and grabbed a cheeseburger and a large Hi-C. Wish I wouldn't have left the building. YUCK - for some reason this summer feels like a million degrees hotter than last summer. I wonder how long the heat wave will last. I am seriously considering going swimming tonite after work.

No comments: